Tuesday, May 01, 2007

may queen

ah...beltane...the maypole...wicca wicca...STOP!

7:24
there's a mockingbird outside my bedroom window, singing its little heart out. the sky is overcast, (the usual may gray playing its traditional part). i am sipping earl grey tea, (double-bagged), and have resigned myself to not going to nashville later this morning. my partner and i could not be more inundated with influenza. yesterday, while wrestling with 'to go or not to go,' i imagined sitting on a plane, with two strangers sitting next to me, carrying enough germs to infect the entire population. my resentment of such passengers cinched my decision to cancel. if that were not enough i walked into the bedroom where my partner was resting not very comfortably. there was confirmation of the highest order. trust me...
nope, we are not going to nashville.
we miss you stacie...xo

No comments: